Friday, September 10, 2010

Quality over quantity

Before I start about today, I had to tell you what I ate yesterday
For dinner I had chicken with rice and green beans. Later on in the evening (around 8pm), I had a bowl of banana, apple and kiwi. This has started to be my favorite dish. I have a sweet tooth, and these are all sweet, yet healthy things to eat. I love it! I also had two cups of tea, with sugar (accidentally, it's a habit..)

Day 5. Legs & Back, and Ab Ripper. 90 minutes of hard work, a lot of sweating and lots of water. Before I started the workout, I didn't want to do it. I wanted to be lazy today. I had to push myself to do it, and I'm glad I did. It took more than two hours to finish it but I wanted to give my all and I wanted to do it right. I needed a chin-up bar for the Legs & Back program. Unfortunately, I didn't have that yet (they delivered it after I was done with my workout, still have to install it though), so I just did the exact same version, only with 1,5kg weights. This time, I wanted to use weights and do as much reps as I can.

It was quite a lot of reps of different lunges, squats, chin-ups and even calf raises. Calf raises were rather hard but I'm glad that even that is included in the program, because I want my calves to be thinner. Some of the moves were rather hard for me but I did them anyway and I did the amount of reps they asked or the amount of time they asked to stay in a position. I felt the burn, it hurt a lot, but I wasn't going to give up.

I also did 20 reps per move for ab ripper as well, last time I did like 15 reps per move. Today, I didn't have to go anywhere, so luckily I had time to do it on my own pace. I could take little breaks here and there. I felt like I gave my 100% today, and afterwards I felt good.

Today, I've been cold...or actually going from cold to hot to back cold again. I don't know if this has something to do with weight loss or if it's because I'm getting sick. I hope not the latter. Although, I have been having a throat ache since this morning. I can't get sick now, I just can't! Also, because it's a Friday, I kinda wanted to snack a little bit. It's weird that it's Friday, and I don't have my chocolate bar and a bag of chips. I guess I should start thinking that Friday is like any other day or something. It's a constant battle. I don't know why so early in the beginning do I have these cravings. Am I going to get used to it, or better yet stop craving, as I go on or is it going to haunt me? I don't want to have the cravings of bad food.

Anywho, here's the nutrition of the day:
Breakfast: 43% fiber cornflakes
Lunch: Two cheese sandwiches
Post-lunch: A sports bar and sugar cookie (eierkoek)
Dinner: Chicken with rice and white beans (again, got too much of chicken yesterday)
Evening snack: A bowl of banana, apple and kiwi, tea with sweetener, a glass of juice (my cheat of the week)

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment