Monday, September 20, 2010

Do your best and forget the rest!

Day 8. Chest & Back, and Ab Ripper. I didn't have school, so I didn't have the feeling of hurrying up today. I think that is partly why I had such a good work out today! I still cannot do pull-ups, but somehow I'm getting a bit better with push-ups. I'm amazed! When you're supposed to do pull-ups or chin-ups, I lift weights. My personal goal is that every week, I take heavier weights. So, last week I had 1,5 kg (about 3,3 lbs), and today I used 2,5 kg (about 5,5 lbs) weights. It really hurt to lift them and I couldn't do as much reps as I could with the lighter weights. I guess though, that now I have correct weights because I was really struggling with the reps towards the end! I can do better than I think that I can at times.

My advice from today for those who want to lose weight, just like the title of this blog says, "do your best and forget the rest" is a really good advice (that's what the main dude from the P90X says all the time) because there are days when you feel like you cannot do that well. Just as long as you do the best you can that day, that's all that matters! (Sorry for so many 'that' words!) Some days are better than others and sometimes you feel like a failure because you don't do that well. Remember, there's always tomorrow. You can bring it better tomorrow.

I know I certainly expect quite a lot from myself and if I haven't been able to do 100%  well, I feel like a failure. Then there are days like today, when I have really good work out. Do the best that you can do each day, listening to your body is also another thing that you have to do when taking care of yourself.

Today I've had my protein shake for breakfast, Wasa's crispbread, a banana and chicken with potatoes for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment