Thursday, September 9, 2010

Alku aina hankalaa!

Day 3. Shoulders & Arms, and Ab Ripper. This was more for shaping your muscles. Pussy that I was, I only had (I think) 0,5 kg weights. Yes, I know that’s nothing. I could have changed the weights but I thought I’d start with this. Next time, I’ll add more weight to them. Ab Ripper was mad hard, over 300 ab exercises. So, needless to say that there were a lot of different exercises, each of them were about 25 exercises, only a few were 30 and 50. I tried to do 16 exercises, some fell through though. I really need to work on abs as I like the exercises the least.

Dutch Eierkoeken (eggcookies,
not sure what else to call them)
After my workout, I had a full day of school. I needed to hurry a bit, as I woke up a bit too late. Fortunately though, I did have enough time to get ready for school. We had a little break at school, so I go on one of the computers, and this guy who sits right next to me first ate (I think it was) a croissant (which didn’t bother me at all, but then he pulls out a bag of candy. I kind of started to crave for them. I keep eyeing on the bag, then thinking, oh I still have my two eierkoeken (=egg cookies, there’s only 92 kcal in one cookie) in my bag, so I eat one eierkoek, which was so much better! 





When I came back from school, I talked to my best friend on skype (who is also going to start with P90X!) , watched a movie and went to bed before 11 pm. I was really tired. (Which is why I didn’t write my blog yesterday..)

Nutrition:
Breakfast Cornflakes (43% fibres)
Lunch Two sandwiches with cheese
Early afternoon snack Eierkoek (egg cookie)
On the way home One of those high energy sports bars
Dinner Chicken shoarma with potatoes and green beans
Around 9pm A cup of green tea, with some sweetener, and my daily banana/banana fruit bowl (unfortunately didn’t have any apples left, so had to have just banana)

Needless to say, that I drink a lot of water during the day, not too much though. When I’m working out, I have 500 ml of a sports drink, to keep me going. Which I’ve found really tasty and helpful when I’m working out, it gives me extra energy.

Day 4. Yoga. Yoga has definitely been something that I really have wanted to start doing. It’s great that this is included in the program! The workout is about 90 min, the first 45 minutes is the more “cardio” part of the work out, it also concentrates more on the muscles. After that, is more about balance things for about 25 minutes, 10 minutes of ab exercises, and the last ten minutes is for stretching and meditating, just calming down. That’s what yoga is all about.

My condition is really, really bad, and at times the exercises  that I had to do were a bit too hard. I didn’t have the strength to do some of them, or I did them incorrectly. I didn’t feel as good about this workout, because I couldn’t do them, so I feel a bit like a failure. I did try all of the positions, and did do as much as I could. I guess I feel like I only gave 90% of me today. Not a nice feeling.

I guess part of it is because every single part of my body hurts. It’s nice to have that feeling, don’t get me wrong, that shows me that I have done something and done it right. It’s just that at times it gets a bit tiring because every time I move, it hurts. It hurts to get up, my back hurts, it hurts to move my legs; I probably have the biggest muscle pain on my thighs at the moment (which is nice as I really want to tighten my thighs!). I’m still not going to give up, even though my body is getting tired. The beginning is the hardest, like my title states in Finnish.
Nutrition (so far, I will update it tomorrow):
Breakfast A scrambled egg sandwich with only the egg white and banana
Lunch A bowl of 43% fiber cornflakes

That’s it for today.

2 comments:

  1. Doing good so far! I'd call them sugar cookies...

    It sounds like you're trying pretty hard! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Danielle, sugar cookies sound better!

    ReplyDelete