Thursday, October 14, 2010

Keep up the good work, Sara!

I've been writing my school reports, which is why I haven't found the energy to write here as I spend 6 hours writing on the computer already. Soon it'll be all done, thankfully!


Day 31. Back & Biceps, and Ab Ripper X. A new workout routine again, yay. No push ups in this one, there are a few pull-ups however. Since the pull-up bar that I have is way too high for me, I still use weights for it. For now, I'm using 3,5 kg (7,7 lbs) weights as I find it really hard to do more. Hopefully, soon I can use 4,5 kg (9,9 lbs).
Today's routine was a good one even though it was really hard. Some of the moves were really hard and could barely do them but I pushed through and I did the best that I could, as usual. Ab ripper was also a good one.

Day 32. Yoga X. Meh, today's workout wasn't that great. I feel like I'm not getting any better at this and it bothers me. Which might affect on the way I do the moves on yoga and what I think of it. But, oh well. It is what it is and I need to get through it.

As I might have told you before, I have started dieting and exercising so many times before, and at one point, I failed on my mission to lose all the excess weight that I have. Well, today, I was thinking about one of my earlier times when I tried to lose weight. It was in beginning of June '08 when I weighed 91,3 kg (201,3 lbs), I was doing Zumba (which is a great and fun workout, and I will get back to that at one point, if you don't know it yet, well google it! I know you'll love it :) !) and in the next 13 weeks, I got down to 85,0 kg (187,4 lbs). I lost 6,3 kg (13,9 lbs), which I thought was a lot for 13 weeks. I guess it kind of is. I was supposed to be off chocolate for the following year but then came Christmas and my parents, and the best Finnish chocolate ever..there goes my year off down the toilet. Also, you only get 4 DVDs with Zumba, one of which is for basic, so you can imagine that I got bored after awhile, I knew what Beto was going to say and when, which got really annoying in the end.

So, I stopped. Started eating junk food, having snacks every weekend, and quite a bit of chocolate. Actually, every day of chocolate (whether it was a Twix bar or more). So by the following April (in 2010), I was freaking out that I gained all of that weight back and even more. I was 98,9 kg (218 lbs). In 7 1/2 months, I gained nearly 14 kg (30 lbs)! That's a lot for such a short amount of time. When I realized this, I started working out again for the next four weeks, lost almost 5 kg (11 lbs), from 98,9 (218) to 94,2 kg (207,7 lbs). And stopped. My chocolate and candy addiction took over again. (There were also some other personal reasons why I couldn't/wouldn't continue working out.)

So, here I am today, six months later, been working out hard for a month and still going strong. Within a month, I've already lost 5,4 kg (almost 12 lbs)! I'm stunned, especially when I compare it to the 13 weeks in 2009! I've almost achieved to lose as much a weight in a month as I did in 13 weeks! This resulted me to think about my goals, overall and short-term. According to my BMI (which I don't really believe in that much), my ideal weight is between 47 kg and 64 kg (104 lbs and 141). I also read somewhere that according to my height, my ideal weight is 54 kg (119 lbs). (The latter weight has been haunting in my head...)

1st goal is 85 kg (187 lbs) [this is where I left off in '09]
2nd goal is 76 kg (167,5 lbs) [currently, according to my BMI, I'm in the category of Obese I. 76/167,5 is the limit for Overweight]
3rd goal is 66 kg (145,5 lbs) [10 kg/22 lbs is a lot to lose at this point]
4th goal is 60 kg (132 lbs) 


60 kg/132 lbs is my ideal weight, what I want to reach. Since I read that my ideal weight is 54 kg/119 lbs, at first it felt like it's so little but I guess it makes sense now. At this point, I don't expect to go under 60 kg/132 lbs as losing all that weight already feels so far away and a lot to do already! By the end of May 31st 2011, I will be 60 kg! 7 1/2 months to go to lose all of the weight I want to lose! This time, it really feels like it's going to happen, I'm soooo dedicated to this, it's unbelievable! Maybe eventually I'll get under 60 kg/132 lbs but that's not my main concern right now. 


I joined this Dutch website (I don't understand squat haha!), where I can put my plan and keep updating it. Where I got my BMI from and for instance, it gives me how much I'm supposed to weigh and when, so i.e. 12th October (last Sunday), I was supposed to weigh 90,42 kg (199,34 lbs) and well, I actually weighed 89,80 kg (197,9 lbs). I'm happy to see that I'm under what I'm supposed to be. I'll probably freak out if I'm higher (or I just need to work harder)!


In general, I've noticed that I've started to feel better about myself and just so much healthier. I just need to keep up with the good work, so I can finally reach my ideal goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment